Coaching Introduction*The following is to help you become more familiar and comfortable with my coaching process.
- You set the agenda in the coaching partnership based upon our mutual understanding of your priorities. As your coach, I will hold you accountable.
- My responsibility is to support, motivate, challenge and guide you. Your responsibility is to take the action necessary to make the changes you want in your life.
- I will ask you the tough questions, provide you with focus and structure, support and encourage you through the difficult times. And, I will celebrate your successes with you.
- You will be asked to experiment with fresh approaches and strategies in order to make the changes you desire.
- Issues that are outside the boundaries of the coaching relationship and my expertise should be taken to an appropriate qualified professional.
- Confidentiality is paramount in the coaching relationship and I will not disclose any information about you to anyone unless permission is granted.
- If you choose to discontinue the coaching relationship, a one month notice is appreciated.
- Feedback is gratefully accepted. If you feel there is something I am doing that is not helpful for you or that I am not doing that would help you, please inform me.
- The Christian faith is my compass for life. My hope is that you will enjoy an abundant life as mentioned in verse John 10:10 of the Bible. My coaching comes from a Biblical perspective.
- Coaching sessions will last approximately 45 minutes. The more direct and to the point we are in our conversation the more productive our sessions will be.
*Copied from Gary R. Collins, Used by permission of NavPress (www.navpress.com). All rights reserved. CHRISTIAN COACHING: Helping Others Turn Potential into Reality, 2001
Christian Coach Ethics and Guildelines*As a Christian Coach:
- I hold myself accountable to the highest level of integrity, honoring Jesus Christ individually and corporately, in all my associations with clients and colleagues.
- I will maintain complete confidentiality with my clients, within the confines of the law.
- I will be clear with my clients about the nature of the coaching relationship, including structure, fees, refunds, expectations and guarantees.
- I will never give a client's name to anyone, for any purpose, without express permission.
- I will give credit where credit is due for materials supplied by other sources, respecting copyrights, trademarks and intellectual property.
- I will judiciously avoid conflicts of interest. If any should arise, I will, without delay, inform concerned parties of my position.
- I will represent myself honestly and clearly to my clients, and coach only within my areas of expertise.
- I will actively pursue well-being, wholeness, and continual learning in my own life.
- I will refer a client to another coach if I am not within my area of expertise or comfort, so the client gets the best possible coaching.
- I will honor my Christian values in my professional conduct, placing neither blame nor blemish on the name of Christ, the Christian Coach Institute or the coaching profession.
*Copies from Christian Coaches Network. All rights reserved.